Corona Choices : Introducing the Frandana!
Given the choice, would you rather look like Hannibal Lecter or Clint Eastwood?
Well, you do have a choice!
Introducing the Frandana – a limited run of bandanas in some of our favourite Frangipani prints.
At only a tenner each, you can now strut the streets in style!
Buy on its own and we'll shout the postage cost with code: FREEPOST
HERE AT FP HQ, WE’VE BEEN DOING SOME RESEARCH INTO THE BANDANA AND HERE ARE SOME INTERESTING POINTS WE PICKED UP:
- We may soon have more disposable face masks in our oceans than jellyfish. Watch here
- A disposable mask has a lifespan of roughly 450 (!) years.
- Bandanas originated in India as bright coloured handkerchiefs of silk and cotton chiefly red and blue Bandhani. The word bandana originates from ancient Sanskrit and means to “tie”.
- The first Western bandana was designed by printmaker John Hewson in 1789 and was quickly adopted by cowboys. In more recent times they have become synonymous with Hells Angels, rappers and rock stars.
- Recently the bandana has become THE alternative to the face mask by individuals and celebrities alike. Source
If you're worried these do not conform with government guidelines for safety, then fear not:
In the context of the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, a face covering is something which safely covers the nose and mouth. You can buy reusable or single-use face coverings. You may also use a scarf, bandana, religious garment or hand-made cloth covering but these must securely fit round the side of the face. Face coverings are largely intended to protect others, not the wearer, against the spread of infection because they cover the nose and mouth, which are the main confirmed sources of transmission of virus that causes coronavirus infection.
SO WHY WEAR A MASK, WHEN YOU CAN ROCK A FRANDANA?